Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

As I sit here at my computer this morning, working on the last part of revising and expanding Choose Your Universe, I cannot help but be thankful for all of the painful-and-ugly-seeming events that led up to me making that leap out into midair all those years ago and landing here in Phoenix. Without those events, I would never have been inspired to become the woman who landed in this life, with this husband, with these friends, all of whom I love so dearly. I would never have had the amazing experiences that I've had during the last fifteen years, nor would I have accomplished the amazing things that I've accomplished, nor would I have had the opportunity to be a living and breathing example for others that the cycle of abuse CAN be broken, no matter how deeply ingrained it is...

So this morning I give thanks to those people in my earlier life who provided that particular path for me, which was painful at the time, but which led me here, to this place, with these people in my life. I love every single one of you, and I thank you for being my "sacred friends" in that part of my life. Without you I would not be here.

And to those of you that are a part of my life now, especially Rick Daly, but to every other one of you, as well. Thank you for being exactly who you are, and for doing exactly what you're doing at this time and in this place. It is ALL perfect. You are ALL wonderful, and I am blessed to know you now, just as I was blessed to know them then. I am just plain grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment