Monday, April 11, 2016

I Choose... My Direction


I Choose… My Direction

Lao Tzu said, “If you continue down the road you’re on, you’re going to end up where you’re headed.” 

I first heard that quote on September 19, 1999. That was the day that I discovered the truth: If I wanted my life to change, I was the ONLY one who could make that happen. If I did NOT want to end up where I was headed (I didn’t), then I was the only one who could shift my direction. Nobody else could – or would – do it for me.

This concept may just be one of the most significant ones that I have ever learned, along with the idea that “just a little shift in direction (ten degrees, one degree, a fraction of a degree) and a mile down the road you’re in a whole new place.” [Mary Manin Morrissey]

I have used this idea over and over again throughout the last 16 years, and today I find myself using it again, but from a different angle: Do I want to end up where I’m headed? Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I would love to land there. But… what if I make this one small shift in direction, toward something I would love even more???? To that I say a giant YES!! Because I know from experience that with just the tiniest shift in direction I really do find myself in a whole new place. 

This is one of the most empowering tools I have ever used for the purpose of taking my life where I want it to go. 

I Choose… My Direction 

This week I notice which direction I am headed, and I tweak my trajectory as necessary to get me to where I really want to go. 

What does this idea mean to you? You get to choose your own destination. In fact, you are the only one who can. Where do you want to end up next week or next month or next year? If you continue down the road you’re on, do you want to end up where it’s going to take you? If you do, then continue taking steps along that path. If you do not, then NOW is the time to branch off in a new direction, even if you only do that a fraction of a degree at a time.

Just the tiniest shift in direction—and remaining consistent on your new path—and a mile down the road you really will find yourself in a whole new place. 

Have a fantastic week everybody!

Love,
Sandi

*************

Yes, I'm still asking. Why? Because I'm not willing to give up on myself and being willing to ASK - without fear of judgment and without judging myself - is a very big deal. 



Please. Help ME to help THEM. Thank you.

There are currently about 41,000,000 women (just in the United States, and this number represents only the incidences that are actually reported) who are doing their absolute best to survive being in relationship with someone who abuses them either physically, emotionally, psychologically, sexually, or spiritually. For most of them it is a combination of all of those things. ("Domestic violence" or "domestic abuse" is NEVER "only" physical. And speaking from personal experience I'd like to make it very clear here that the emotional and psychological abuse is FAR worse - it is far more damaging to a victim - than being raped or punched in the face by someone who says that they love you.)

It's time for me to step more fully into my Purpose and create a book/program that can be used by the people who need it the most. This book is not about LEAVING. It is about BECOMING THE WOMAN WHO CAN CHOOSE TO NEVER BE A VICTIM AGAIN, even if it's not (yet)physically safe for her to walk out the door forever.

This new book shares the process that I used for myself (which was VERY specific) during my last ten months with my abuser. STAYING in that relationship and doing this work from within it was the smartest, bravest, most empowering thing I have ever done for myself, and it is time that process is written down and shared with those who are ready to do something different. I know there are others. Out of FORTY-ONE MILLION, there have GOT to be others who are ready for their lives to change.

With this request for funding, I'm asking YOU to help ME to help THEM. On their behalf, I say, "Thank you so much!"


No comments:

Post a Comment