Saturday, August 6, 2016

I Choose... Radical Non-judgment

 I Choose...
Radical Non-judgment

Hi Everyone!

It’s been a while since I’ve written, I know. Several weeks ago I was basically forced to admit to myself that the hours I was spending on these messages were hours that really needed to be invested in other things. The Law of Sacrifice demanded that something had to give or I was going to reap some consequences that were not going to be very fun.

This morning, I just felt like saying a big fat HELLO! J And since I’m here, I thought I’d share what I’m choosing today, which is “Radical Non-judgment” – of myself, and of others.

The social climate these days seems to be “feeding the monsters” of judgment and fear, and I find it all just… repulsive. Which means what? It means that I’m judging it all, doesn’t it? This morning, that feeling of repulsion actually came to a point of more pain than I’m willing to bear.

So I decided to do something that felt “radical.” I deliberately NOTICED that I was judging – and resisting – the choices and behaviors of others. And I NIPPED IT right there. And it was simpler to do than you might think, despite the feeling that I kicked my own self in the gut when I did it. No. It is NOT easy to make such a drastically different-feeling choice. It is NOT easy to take such a radically different-feeling action.

It IS simple, though… to firmly decide to nip a judgment in the bud, before it has a chance to blossom into something that just adds ugliness to the world, which is something that I don’t think any of us ever consciously have in our hearts to do. In fact, don’t you think that all of us are doing absolutely the best we know how (not to be confused with “the best that we are capable of”) – based on what we were brought up to believe about life – to make the world a good place to be? I do.

As I am deliberately choosing to nip my judgment in the bud the second I notice that I’m doing it, I find that the more I can do it without intellectualizing it (in other words, just taking the action without thinking about it) allowing the “gut-wrenched” feeling to just be okay, the more radically “open” my perception becomes, and the less attached I am to wishing others would behave differently so that I can feel better when I observe their behavior and the choices they are making that I (my ego, my own personal belief system) see as “bad.”

It’s very liberating, and it’s making a big difference in how I feel about the world as a whole, life in general, and people who have different views of – and beliefs about – things than I do.

It’s a bit trickier when it comes to choosing not to judge myself, but I’m giving it a good effort!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and that I hope you’re all well and happy. And I wanted to make sure there was some actual substance to this letter, too, so I am grateful to present to you what I’m currently using as my “I Choose…” practice.
 

I Choose… Radical Non-judgment

I choose to NOTICE when I am being judgmental (of anyone – myself or others). I choose to be MINDFUL of my thoughts and emotions regarding the choices and behaviors of other people (yes, anyone!) who show up in my experience. If I am being anything less than compassionate, I immediately take the action of NIPPING that judgment before it can grow. I do not allow my sub-conscious programming to rationalize, defend, or justify anything within myself that is judgmental, intolerant, self-righteous, or superior. I recognize the “wrenched” feeling in my gut as the death throes of a paradigm-generated behavior that does not serve me or the world. I choose the freedom and empowerment that are inherent aspects of deliberate, conscious Radical Non-judgment.

This is a choice that feels far more empowering (and loving) than any attitude of making someone else “wrong” for believing what they believe and making their choices based upon their beliefs, which is what every single one of us is doing in every waking moment of every day of our lives, isn’t it? Who am I to say that another is “wrong” for believing something different from what I believe? Who am I to make someone “wrong” for acting on their fears if they were brought up to believe that that can be helpful to them? Who am I to make ANYONE “wrong” or “bad” for being who they were raised to be?  Every single time I do this, I am guilty of “revictimizing the victim.” And that is not helpful in the slightest.

I’m all for making a radically different choice.

Try it for yourself, and watch as your entire understanding of life itself shifts, and changes, and grows to magnificent proportions compared to what it is right now.

I love you all. Be well.

Until the next time…

P.S.: PLEASE check out my new web site (see below), and PLEASE share it on your social media platforms and with anyone you know who can benefit from it. Keep in mind that while it is a work in progress, it is also crying out to be shared. I thank you so much for your support in helping me to make this work VISIBLE so that the people who need it the most can actually FIND it.


Love,
Sandi

Have an awesome day if you choose to!
Rev. Sandra Daly
www.chooseyouruniverse.com

“Speak your Soul into this space.” Em Claire  


*****************
 
If you know someone who is living a victim life, and if you think it's even remotely possible that they are ready to start doing things differently (hint: not only is it possible, but it's probably very likely), then please share this new web site with them. I'm starting a REVOLUTION, and anyone who would like to join me is WELCOME! :-)
Thank you!

And, of course, as always, if you believe my work to be worthy of tangible support, every single bit of help is welcome, and very much appreciated, and you can contribute right here: DVShiftFund

God bless you all!

Here's an example of the videos that I've been creating:




Thank you again, for your support, for your help in making this work VISIBLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment