Sunday, May 1, 2016

I Choose... "Sacred" over "Scared"

I Choose… “Sacred” over “Scared”

Okay friends. Yes, I have some difficult stuff going on in my life right now. Some stuff that could be scary if I allowed myself to go there. Some stuff that I am having to deliberately choose to just make peace with for a little while. Some stuff that can be very empowering to me if I allow myself to go there. I know from experience that I always get to choose how I handle anything and everything that I experience in my life. (Ha! That’s what this publication is ALWAYS about, isn’t it?!) And this is no exception.

A couple of days ago it occurred to me that the words “sacred” and “scared” have the exact same letters in them, but they have very different meanings. So if I switch just two letters within the same word, I can direct myself into a radically different experience just with that one little action. It can go either way, and whichever way it goes is my own choice. I find that this knowledge strengthens me each and every time I deliberately look for the “sacred” in this circumstance. Because when I choose to take my attention OFF of what I am “scared” of and place it ON the “sacred” that I know is every bit as accessible to me, I find the Divine in every single aspect of it, including the aspects that do not feel very good.

If you’ve been with me for any length of time, then you know that I absolutely believe that the Divine is 100% present in 100% of the people, places, and things in this world, 100% of the time. I do not believe that there is anything that is not Divine in its Nature.

This little “Sacred over Scared” game helps me to remember that, and it liberates me from something that would otherwise feel like quicksand to me.

 I Choose… Sacred

 This week I know that my healthiest choices are completely up to me. And when I find myself feeling scared, I remember that I CAN make it a “sacred” experience instead, any time I choose to.

What do YOU have to be “scared” of in your life right now? What happens if you switch those two letters around and look for the “sacred,” instead? Try it, if you choose to. Just do it as an experiment, and watch what happens inside you, within your experience.

And enjoy your week, if you choose to!

Love,
Sandi





No comments:

Post a Comment